Assistant Bar Manager
Assistant Bar Manager required for the George & Dragon in Westerham
We are looking for a responsible, fun character who has a passion for decent food & drink and enjoys delivering exceptional customer service. You’ll be working alongside a dedicated, friendly team, delivering all the things that are important to the George and Dragon - outstanding cask-conditioned ales, delicious fresh food, great wines and engaging service.
At the G&D we take real pride in the premium quality of our products – and you’ll feel that same sense of pride yourself when you see our customers having a brilliant time.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of the George and Dragon in the absence of the Bar Manager and those responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that the bar and restaurant are ready for service
• Organisation and motivation of bar and restaurant staff to ensure exemplary service
• Liaison with the kitchen to ensure prompt and outstanding food delivery
• Liaison with customers to ensure that our highest possible levels of customer service are being delivered
• Stock ordering and management
• Cash management
The candidate that we are looking for must be:
• Able to lead by example
• Able to manage in a fast-paced environment
Working hours will be flexible and will involve working evenings and weekends.
We offer excellent rates of pay plus team-wide pooled tips, a friendly working environment, first class training and our rate of growth means we can offer real opportunities to develop.
Required experience: Bar, restaurant or similar hospitality: 1 year
Required language: Fluent English
If this sounds like your kind of job, we’d really like to hear from you.
Contact: To explore the possibilities of joining our team, email your CV and/or covering letter telling us a bit about yourself and what makes you tick to firstname.lastname@example.org.